Carpet Cleaning Australia
There are different methods of carpet cleaning, and qualified carpet cleaners can advise customers which is the best method for their job.
This video includes an easy to understand discussion regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different materials used to make carpet.
Encapsulation-Low Moisture Cleaning
Encapsulation or low moisture carpet cleaning is ideal for wool or synthetic carpets. Members of the ICAN can advise customers if this is the best method for their job.
Examines the process of steam cleaning carpets.
This YouTube clip offers advice on rug care at home while giving a detailed description on how a professional will clean and rejuvenate a soiled rug.
Spot and Spill Removal
Stain treatment and removal discussed with valuable advice for customers explaining what they can do before they call a professional carpet cleaner.
In addition to the above YouTube presentation, ICAN recommend the following as a general procedure for spot and spill removal.
- Scoop up or scrape off solids. Soak up liquids with paper towel or an absorbent cloth.
- Try to identify unknown spots prior to treatment and if unsure use a solvent.
- Always work from the edge of the spot inwards. BLOT, do NOT rub.
- Ensure there is plenty of ventilation when using a solvent. Use a cloth to apply a small quantity of solvent NOT directly to the spot; work into the spot with a small brush or sponge using a tamping action (up and down).
- Rinse area afterwards if water-based product has been used. Dry the spot by covering with a thick wad of paper towel weighted with a book.
- Leave this for 12 hours to allow remaining liquid to absorb into the paper towel.